Next ITA TESOL course is 7th-21st August and 2nd-9th October 2016 in Tahlee.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is a rapidly expanding profession. Demand for professionally trained TESOL teachers is strong in Australia and abroad. At Tahlee, we see TESOL also as a valuable ministry tool and a means to crossing cultural and language boundaries, towards the aim of spreading the Gospel globally. Therefore, we are delighted to have Intercultural Training Australia Inc. (ITA) offering a Certificate IV TESOL course at Tahlee. The course is distinctive for its focus on hands-on teaching skills and conducted by the highly qualified and experienced team of ITA trainers.
- Australian Government accredited Certificate IV;
- Comprehensive TESOL qualification PLUS teaching skills;
- Sought-after qualification for industry trainers, community aid workers and volunteers dealing with speakers of other languages in Australia and overseas;
- Unique focus on teaching conversation and listening skills to English learners;
- Thorough attendance to teaching writing, reading, grammar and vocabulary;
- Designed for those who wish to develop a Christian ministry through teaching English;
- Offered in combination with lectures and distance learning mode;
- Supports churches and individuals to work in cross cultural ministries in Australia and overseas.
The course is comprised of 9 units of competency. Six were developed especially for this course:
- TCE 411B Communicate with People from Other Cultures;
- TCE 412B Identify Language Learning Needs;
- TCE 413B Demonstrate Language Teaching Strategies;
- TCE 415B Manage Language Class Activities;
- TCE 418B Identify Language Difficulties and Correct Errors;
- TCE 419B Select and Apply Language Learning Resources.
Three units from the Nationally Recognized training package Training and Assessment (TAA40104) these are:
- TAADEL301B Provide Training Through Demonstration of Work Skills;
- TAADEL401B Plan and Organize Group Based Delivery;
- TAADEL402B Facilitate Group Based Learning.
- Attend 3 weeks classes at Tahlee;
- Assessment and practice teaching by distance with mentoring – must be computer literate;
- Practice Teaching: minimum 25 hours;
- Time Commitment: 610 hours.
» Find out more about TESOL at Tahlee: